About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Follow Up to my Defensive Firearms Coach Training, previous post

Ok, five days later…I’ve gotten some comments and messages.  I want to be very clear that I am not, in any way, disparaging the training, the instructors or the course.  Was it tough, absolutely!  Do I want to repeat that experience?  Well, I did want to get certified to teach Combat Focus Shooting, so I’m hoping this is like child birth where you forget how much it hurts so you can do it again.
The teaching methodology is a valid and accepted method.  It generally appeals to men between 20 and 40.  That is probably the major demographic for this training.  I am not in the demographic, so it was stubbornness and ego that kept me going. 
Five days out and I was telling someone about the course and realized I could still recite many of the principles and concepts, verbatim.  I have yet to type up my notes, probably this weekend.  That tells me I retained more information that I thought possible from a 3 day class. 
So, what is the objective of the training, to teach me something important that I can use and share or let me have fun for three days?  Mission accomplished, I learned a lot!  I will have even more when I go back through my notes again and put them into an order that makes sense.
I want to assure everyone that I have the utmost respect for Rob Pincus, Combat Focus Shooting and I.C.E. Training.  I have even more respect for the my instructors, Jamie and Paul.  When I was at my lowest point, they quietly gave me encouragement.
I can’t wait to teach this class, Introduction to Defensive Handguns.  It has amazing information and even if you only have a gun to defend your home, I believe the information in the class could save lives.
Thank you for your comments and support.
Safe Shooting!

3 comments:

  1. You're right - the you're busting up the demographic. And apparently rocking it, too.

    I'll try not to get so defensive on your behalf next time (I tend to be protective of my friends) :)

    I have a ton of respect for Rob; I've taken a class from one of his instructors and it was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, you are so sweet! I knew that was what was behind your earlier comment, this was a reassurance. I'm actually pretty relaxed...now. I would be protective of you, as well! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Girl,
    I know we talked about this, but I wanted to reiterate how proud I am of you for stepping outside your comfort zone - no, more like remaining there once you realized you were waaaayyyy outside it :) The knowledge you gained will benefit you and help others down the road. I know you're glad you stuck with it, for various reasons. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for hanging in there when the going got tough.

    ReplyDelete