About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, October 23, 2015

How much training is enough?


I just finished reading a magazine article that posed that question.  The author didn’t really give an answer, not a definitive one, but it got me thinking.  That may have been the real intent of the article.

I have trained, taken various classes, both in shooting and personal defense tactics, have instructor credentials…do I still need training?  YES!  If for nothing else that to learn someone else’s perspective!  I know quite a bit, but I do not know everything.  Every class I’ve taken I come away with something.  Every time I teach I also learn something. 

It is a little like the classic question; “How many guns do I need?  One more than I have.”  How much training do I need?  I’ll let you know after my next class.

 

2 comments:

  1. Never enough training - always keep pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Training is like practice. You need it to keep your skills sharp. Do you want to find yourself in a self-defense situation with less than the best you can be? No.

    ReplyDelete