About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Toe…The Saga Continues


As many of you know, I broke my second toe Jan 1.  When I write I broke it I mean the first bone was fractured, the second in at least 4 pieces and the third crushed (still looks kind of like a mushroom on the X-rays).  If you don’t remember (and that is ok) I dropped a rifle on my foot, my bare foot, while uncasing it to put it in the safe. 

First lesson…wear shoes!

I saw my Doctor yesterday for the third round of X-rays.  Much to our mutual amazement, and my lucky stars, it is healing.  There is barely a scar from the big gash.  The swelling if finally coming down, although it is still a little flat and about 60% wider than before.  The tip shows good bone re-growth, the middle looks like one piece now and the third, well, will probably always look like a mushroom but all the little fragments seem to be growing new bone to hold them together.  So, no surgery, YEA!  And, I have permission to start wearing something other than my Uggs, 5.11 Tactical Boots or the Orthopedic flats I’ve been wearing for the last couple months.  High heels are probably still a way off, but I’m in regular flats today.  Hey, I’m a shoe girl, this is Huge for me!  I have an entire photo album dedicated to shoes on my personal FB page.  The 4 inch heels aren’t coming back anytime soon, but I’ll take what I can get for now. 

Second lesson…follow my Doctors advice.  I did; elevation, buddy taping the toe, ugly shoes.  It paid off, no surgery, no pin, no bone grafting.  I am extremely lucky, and more careful because it never even occurred to this mid-westerner who was used to going everywhere in bare feet that shoes were protective on the top as well as the bottom.

Safe Shooting…watch this site for a future photo of high heels!  J
something to look forward to!
 

 

 

1 comment: