About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Is your Front Sight Bright?


Is your Front Sight Bright?

I just got a Hi-Viz front sight installed on my Glock 19.  I really like the front post being bright and a different color so I have contrast and it is easier to see.


 


The green dot (and it could be white or orange) really stands out between the rear notch.  

 

I had a Glock Armorer install mine, I’m not the build it myself type, but it didn’t look that hard. 

I tried it out on the range, and it was easier on my eyes, very clear and easy to see.


The green tube fits into a holder of sorts, and the sights came with a tool to allow me to swap out the green for another tube. 


It is a small change that makes a big difference.  I really noticed it in lower light, the front post was easier to see.

Thank you to Scott from Hi-Viz, whom I met at Shot Show for sending me the sight to try.  I like it.  Check out the website, they are available for a broad range of firearms and they have front and rear sights.

Safe Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment