About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, February 28, 2014

What is it about edged weapons, aka knives?

I don’t know why, but I like them.  I have several, boot knives, neck knives, folders…


 

but my favorite are the SOG knives.  It is the quality for the price that attracted me and keeps me coming back.  I’ve carried a Slim Jim model for over a year, it fits in my purse, pocket, even slips into my dress boots.  It is slender but sturdy, easy to flick open, and comes in handy for a variety of things, from cutting open a package to prying a stuck casing out of my gun.  And, in a pinch, self defense.  Knives aren’t my first choice for self defense, because odds are good, if you fight with a knife you will get cut, but gosh, they are better than an empty hand.


 I just got the new SOG Zoom Mini.  LOVE IT!  It is a little more substantial than the Slim Jim, but the assisted thumb opening is amazing.  It is still very compact, just a little wider and heavier.  I like the extra weight, and the grooves for my fingers, as well as a serrated area on the back of the blade to rest the thumb.  It had a push button release to fold back up and a clip that rides high so it virtually disappears in your pocket.  This is my new GO TO.  You never know when you will need a knife, why not have a good one!  You can find SOG knives on Amazon and on the SOG website as well as many retailers. 
Zoom Mini - Slim Jim
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG - Finally I'm not the only one with a knife fetish. :-)

    ReplyDelete