About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Unintended Consequences

Recently I published a guest post from my husband in response to some local "difficulties".  As I consider that matter closed, I will not readdress it, and ask others to respect that it is settled and over.  The guest post was removed not long after it was posted and it is no longer visible.
 
However, I learned from that.  There is an adage about never sending an email in anger, and the same can be said for blog posts.  I may not have written it, but it is my blog and I am ultimately responsible for it's content. 
 
I've learned in recent days that some people whom I care about and respect were hurt by words in the post.  I sincerely regret that, and humbly apologize to the innocent.  I hope you can forgive and we can all move forward.
 
I would also like to set the record straight on my personal opinion of Combat Focus Shooting (CFS) and Rob Pincus.  First, CFS.  I took Fundamentals of CFS in Nov of last year.  My reaction at the time remains true today, exhilarating, exhausting, challenging and a lot of fun.  I came away bruised, sore and so wound up I had trouble sleeping (in a good way).  I considered, for a brief moment, taking the Instructor Development (ID) for CFS, but that is not my area, or my intended market.  I leave that to those who have the heart for it, my heart lies in a different direction.
 
As for Rob Pincus.  Rob can be polarizing, but he can also be fair.  Would I like to take a CFS class from him?  Yes, and will if I get the opportunity in the future.  Rob stepped in to help resolve the situation I found myself in, and I'm grateful to him for bringing about an equitable resolution that was, IMHO, fair to both sides..
 
So, after all of that, why am I writing now?  Again, to offer heartfelt apologies to those who didn't deserve the fall out, and to accept responsibility.  I'm truly grateful to those who supported me, sincerely sorry to those who were hurt, and I will be vigilant going forward to at least sleep on anything controversial so that friends are not unjustly caught up where they don't deserve to be.
 
Thank you all for understanding, for caring and for letting this matter rest.

2 comments:

  1. You're a good person, Lynne. I have mad respect for the way you've handled everything.

    ReplyDelete