About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Monday, December 10, 2012

FireClean – Hype or Fact?

     
I’ve been reading and hearing people praising FireClean like it was the best thing to come to gun cleaning since bore cleaner was invented.  I’ve never cleaned my guns with anything but Hoppes, and I was a believer that cleaner and lube were TWO separate products.  I’ve always been a little picky about keeping my guns clean, to the point where I get teased sometimes, but I always say that no one ever had a malfunction because of a gun that was too clean.

Well, I decided to try it.  The first thing I noticed was that it was a little thicker that my usual cleaner.   Then I noticed the scent, or lack of scent.  I had let my gun go a little longer than usual, maybe 500 rounds, so it was dirty.  I know, you can laugh, but this is my carry gun and I clean it every time I shoot it.  So, I started cleaning and noticed that it was cleaning faster than I was used to.  I was surprised by how well it worked, my gun was cleaner than the day I brought it home! 

Next was the real test, my .22 rifle.  You probably know that .22 is pretty dirty, and I have put a couple hundred rounds through the rifle.  I ran a wet patch through, ran the brush through 5 or 6 times, and ran a half dozen dry patches and they were clean! 

Glocks run fairly dry, my Ruger a little more lube, but gently wiping them down, everything was done and ready to go. 

I cleaned 4 pistols and 2 rifles in about an hour. 

Ok, call me a convert.  I really like this stuff.  What a great product!

You can find them on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/fireclean?fref=ts, check them out.  You will be as amazed as I was.
 

Before FireClean, notice the gunk on the recoil spring?

After cleaning, what a difference.  See the frame below, it almost looks like it has never been shot, and I’ve put several thousand rounds through this gun!

1 comment: