About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tragedy at Home

First, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Boston, and around the world, who were impacted by the senseless bombing at the Boston Marathon.
Unfortunately, this most recent act of terrorism is likely to be used by the Anti-Gun forces to further their agenda, ignoring that there were no guns involved, and numerous laws broken.  I see this as further justification that we, the citizens of this incredible country, need to be prepared to defend ourselves and need the right to do so at any time. 
Law Enforcement is sorting out the facts now and in time we will know a lot more.  The fact that this attack was April 15, Tax Deadline day causes me to suspect domestic, rather than foreign, hands.  While the investigation continues, what can we do?  Continue to do your normal activities.  Don’t let this senseless act change your behavior, except to be more alert and aware.  DHS sponsors the “If you see something, say something” campaign.  This is good advice.  Alert authorities is something looks out of place, such as someone acting strangely or in a threatening manner, or unattended packages in public places. 
Be alert, be aware, and stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment