About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, April 5, 2013

what is it like to write a blog?

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to write a blog?  I debated before I started this, and then jumped in.  But while I was debating I was reading others.  Some are newsy, focused on current events.  Some are like a journal, free flowing thoughts and the days events...that wasn't what I wanted to do.  I wanted to share information and what I was learning.

This has been an amazing experience.  When you first start writing, there is a hope that someone will read and enjoy what you write, but you don't know.  There isn't an instant following, it takes time, word of mouth, referrals and links from some truly amazing people.  I feel like I've been successful at meeting my original goal, and there are so many people I should thank, especially you, who are reading this now.  It is humbling to watch my counter go up, to see comments and get emails from people who liked something I wrote.  It is a feeling I can't really describe.  Writing this blog has opened up so many opportunities to me.  I've connected with and met some really great people.  I've written a book! How many of us say "I should write a book someday" compared to how many of us actually do.  I am working hard on my second book, probably coming out next year.  SkyHorse Publishing took a chance on me with the first one, liked it enough that they gave me the contract for the second book before the first one had finished printing.  They are printing 2000 copies, perhaps we can make it sell out?  I'm also blogging for Gun Shows Today, and I have written a couple articles for Combat Handgun Magazine, with more on the way (first one is due out in August.

This has been a rollercoaster ride, with ups and downs.  Writing for an audience of one hoping someone would find me and now...well, Thank you. 

I hope you continue to enjoy what I share, and that you continue to send me ideas and questions.  I appreciate all of you more than I can ever tell you.

Safe Shooting!
Lynne

3 comments:

  1. It is an interesting experience when people do happen to find a blog. I'm happy to ready yours by the way.

    I sometimes wonder how it is that people end up finding them. I guess mostly I found the ones that read by reference from other blogs that I read but I can't say I have any personal friends on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take some time to build some following, doesn't it? I found that my original blog is what lead to all of my other blogs - one wasn't enough to contain all of my interests.

    The GunDivas started as a joint venture between two of us horse bloggers - go figure - and has grown to have five writers, though our posting schedule is very sporadic. And I'm okay with that - I don't mind posting only when I have something to say.

    I'm super thrilled that your blog has been such a great springboard for other writing ventures. (And I can't wait for your book to come out)

    ReplyDelete