About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Monday, May 27, 2013

And the changes keep coming

I have just launched me new website, www.FemaleandArmed.com.  This will be my launching point for my new training company.  After teaching under a very protective wing for so long, it is a little scary and a lot exciting to go out on my own. 

I'm also formalizing Women Firearms Instructors (which some of you know from the Facebook page of the same name) and it's subset, WFI which is limited to women who are either current instructors or working toward being instructors.  It is about being supportive of each other, answering questions, providing suggestions and generally giving women a place to ask questions.  You can check us on Facebook, or for a tiny peak, www.womenfirearmsinstructors.org.

I've decided to focus my training efforts where my heart is.  I will primarily teach new shooters, mostly women.  I truly believe a comfortable, safe and fun foundation builds to build on will make them comfortable to practice, to take more training and to empower themselves to be safer.

Taking Your First Shot is in my hands (YEA!) and on it's way to lots of people who have been supportive along this path, and to a few of the ranges who are hosting NTYDTTRD as prizes.  I'm so thrilled with the publisher, Skyhorse Publishing, and the production of the book, the paper stock, the font...it really looks good.  I will be creating a class that is based on the book, will probably end up being 1 1/2 days, but will cover shooting, and non-shooting responses, to a threat.

Stay tuned for lots of new and exciting things coming!

Safe Shooting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for you!

    Can't wait to live this journey vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with GunDiva too. I'm going to start watching the blog as well, it might help me with lots of suggestions in regards to teaching my female friends to shoot and about gun safety.

    ReplyDelete