About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Act Like a Lady


Most on-line dictionaries I consulted had similar definitions for Lady, something like; “A well-mannered and considerate woman with high standards of proper behavior.”  This coincided with lady-like, as in behavior.  I would like to be so bold as to redefine “Lady”.  I can generally agree with the definition, but I think “proper behavior” needs a little further explanation. 

Proper behavior does not include:
-Being a doormat
-Being subservient
-Going along with something that makes you uncomfortable or uneasy
-Meekly accepting an attack or aggression

Proper behavior does include:
-Understanding that you are a valuable person
-Defending your right to your person, property and space
-Responding appropriately to acts of aggression from the known and unknown (appropriately being a proportional response)
-Not being afraid to offend someone who approaches you out of context by telling them to leave you alone
-Trusting your natural instincts and intuition, if it feels wrong, it probably is
It doesn’t matter if you wear high-heels or boots, dresses or jeans, you can be a lady.  Be considerate, be thoughtful but remember to trust your instincts.

 

Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment