About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Do you know The Best Defense?


Offered on the Outdoor Channel, The Best Defense is hosted by Mike Seeklander, Michael Bane and Michael Janich.  I record this show and watch it multiple times because I found that watching an episode once isn’t enough, I catch something new each time.

The use real world scenarios, show the worst outcome and then walk you through different ways to respond that gradually minimize the risk and danger.  Each host is extremely skilled, but one is the primary shooter, one works knives and basic martial arts techniques that aren’t so intimidating that I feel like I could never do them.  They are all entertaining, down to earth and realistic.  I’ve learned so much watching this show.

When I was at Shot Show I had to opportunity to meet Mike Seeklander.  He was so kind and open.  I want to give him a little shout out here.  Shooting Performance is Mike’s training company, and he offers a range of courses and training materials.  I haven’t had the privilege to train with him yet, but I do have his book, Your Defensive Handgun Training Program, it is well laid out, easy to follow, with lots of photos, drills and tips. 

Great Program, Great Folks, and Great Training!

Safe Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment