About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Firearms are like Potato Chips (or Shoes)

Truer words were never written, at least for me. For those who know me well, I am a shoe-addict! My husband keep threatening to build a wing just for my shoes! Now, we are looking at maybe need a new safe for the guns because I'm looking at my first rifle.

Once you start, you need more! Buying your first firearm can be a stressful and exhilarating experience. Then you start to practice, get comfortable with it. Then the brain kicks in, Gee if one is good, two is better! And, we are off and running. As of this writing I have a modest collection of pistols with two more on my radar. I’m also starting to look at rifles. Why? They’re fun!

Lays ® potato chips popularized the expression; “I bet you can’t eat just one.” Well, I know a lot of people who shoot. Of them, the only ones I know who have one gun are those who have been shooting less than six months. Don’t be surprised. You wander through your first gun show and suddenly…there is it. A rainbow wood stock on a rifle, a pink finish on a revolver, a beautiful carved wood stock, or a hot AR-15! Whatever it is that figuratively trips your trigger, you will find it nearly impossible to resist. You might resist this time, but the image will stay in your mind. Actually gun shows are a great place to see lots of different makes, models and styles in one place. You might not buy it there, this time, but don’t be surprised if you are checking the calendar to see when the next one is!

I’m still dreaming of the Charter Arms Pink Lady .38 revolver. What can I say, it would perfectly match a pair of shoes I already have! 

2 comments:

  1. Good posting. Not a day goes by that I can't think of a new firearm or firearm accessory that I want. Since you mentioned that you are looking at rifles to purchase, may I recommend the Ruger 10/22 and the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport. The 10/22 has tons of modification accessories on the market or you buy the M&P 15 and get the .22lr conversion kit for it and have the choice between .223/5.56 NATO or .22lr. Both rifles are fun to shoot and ammo is relatively cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm actually looking at the Ruger 10/22, probably right after Christmas. You are right, I've been on the Ruger site and there are lots of fun things for it and it looks like a great starter rifle. I appreciate the input!

    ReplyDelete