About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Purse Carry

I've been reading more about women wanting to carry in a purse lately.  I understand, you don't have to make changes to your style of dress, it is easy...Carrying a gun isn't easy.  It requires thought, commitment and personal responsibility.  Once in a while, I will carry in a purse.  Let me clarify, I will use a carry purse, designed specifically to carry my gun in a separate compartment with an attached holster.  Usually going to a Dr appointment, they can get a little freaked mid exam if they stumble on the gun.

However, if you carry off body, you are increasing the risks.  Have you practiced drawing from the purse?  Can't do that at the range.  Have you learned to always carry it so you can access the gun quickly?  You can't switch shoulders.  What about putting it down?  The purse must be in your control at all times to protect you and those around you.  You can't hang in on the back of a chair, toss it on the car seat next to you (without being sure you know which way the gun is pointing). 

It is a lot of responsibility, and a lot of risk.  You might fight harder for your purse if someone tried to snatch it while your gun was in it.  That could put you at more risk. 

However you choose to carry, be smart, be aware and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment