About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Staying in with the family

My blog about out and about prompted some discussion.  We need a plan for in the house as well!  Do you have a safe room?  A place for the family to gather where you have access to a phone, flashlight, gun?  Does your family know where to go, how to respond?  Have you practiced?

Have a plan, rehearse your plan.  Even small children understand fire drills, so they can understand danger drills in the same way.

Stay Safe

2 comments:

  1. I would like to hear more about others' plans. We are going to be moving into a new house this year that is large and "L" shaped, so our only son still living at home will be quite a distance from us when we are in our rooms. He is old enough to be helpful in a home defense situation, but especially with the configuration of this house, we don't need to be in each other's line of fire. Definitely something I'm already thinking about.

    I like the idea mentioned by someone before about having a safe room, or rooms, with emergency gear stored there. Thanks for stimulating this conversation, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you make me stop and think about things I should have already stopped and thought about! It's amazing how sometimes we think we have it all covered, and under control, but if it were not for this shared tip, a lot of us would not be making plans! It actually brought me to realize that I will need to have several plans in my home, with 3 outside entry points, and lots of windows. Possibly a good idea to pick each specific entry point, and have appropriate plans for each. Thanks Again Lynne!

    ReplyDelete