About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Open Letter to VP Biden

I read your recent advice on purchasing a shotgun for home defense, and that I could use it to scare away an intruder by firing it (randomly) outside my home. 
Sir, are you aware that shotguns have the potential to kill is used indiscriminately or unsafely?  Are you aware that if I have a “double barrel shotgun” as you recommend, and I fire two shots in the air, that I now have a bat to use against the intruder?
Do you, as a person with significant personal and home security, truly understand what it is like for the average citizen?  Have you ever fired a 12 gauge or an AR-15 to be qualified to speak on the differences in handling and effectiveness? 
IMHO, I will keep my home defense options open until you can provide me with 24x7 personal security.  I will keep a double barrel shotgun next to my whistle to prevent rape and my bible to pray that I never need help. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone could have countered his statements any better. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete