About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

2 days and counting

National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day is this Saturday.  If you are able to participate in a local event, Great!  Have a fabulous time.  If not, keep us in mind, maybe take a shooting day with the family, but have fun!!
This has been such an amazing journey, some of which you have read here, from inception at the end of January to the last minute scramble to get things together and ready to go.  I’m so excited for our local event I’m almost bouncing.  I can’t wait to see all the kids and their proud parents; the smiles, the joy and excitement on the faces. 
I will be posting photos on the National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day website and the FB pages in the days right after. 
I cannot thank you all enough for your support, encouragement, donations big and small, and for your enthusiasm!  Getting behind this idea, helping to make it a reality.  I’m a little overwhelmed, and I know I’ve said it before, but very humbled. 
Make June 9 a great day, have family fun time.
Special thanks to Evan Carson, President of Innovative Defensive Solutions, my “boss” when I’m wearing my instructor hat, my instructor, my mentor, my co-founder of NTYDTTRD.  His encouragement and support have helped me in more ways than he knows.  BTW, if you are in Northern VA the classes are great!  J
Special thanks to Julie Golob as it was after reading her book, SHOOT, that I had this idea.  She is a very talented lady and very special to me.  She won’t be able to participate this year as she is Captain of a very special team doing a Kidney Walk to raise funds to fight Kidney disease in support of her Dad, who is also an inspiration.  It was him taking his little girl to the range that inspired her to become the amazing champion shooter she is now and to write about it which inspired NTYDTTRD. Consider sending her some support if you can.  Team Aim

The folks at the NRA…you have provided advice, encouragement, support, and have helped get the word out!  I look forward to working with all of you in the future as we get ready for next year, which will be bigger, better and WONDERFUL!
To all the ranges and volunteers across the country…this would be a non-event without all of your hard work and effort.  You are the ones making it happen.  There are too many to name, but special thanks to Cathi, Becky Lou, Janette, Crystal…
Have a safe and wonderful day.
Mark your calendar now for June 15, 2013, the Second Annual National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your "baby"! Wish I could be there and see everything. Can't wait for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my "baby" is about to burst forth fully grown, or at least running! Thank you!!!

      Delete