About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Armed Citizen versus Armed Criminal


The previous post generated a lot of feedback and got me to thinking. Thanks to Cathi B. for making a great point. Many criminals (at least the thugs and muggers) do not take the time to learn and practice firearm skills. We probably won’t see them in a NRA class or at the range practicing drawing and shooting. Who do we see? Law abiding citizens who are having practicing, honing their skills and generally having fun.

What does this mean to those of us who live an armed lifestyle? We probably know a lot more about firearms than that average mugger, and have a lot more skill. Does this mean they aren’t dangerous? NO! In some ways they may be more dangerous, as many who choose to attack an innocent person have no conscience about pulling the trigger. They simply do not care. However, if it comes down to a gun fight, I take some small comfort in knowing that my skills are probably much more advanced, and I have practiced getting off the “X” and responding to a threat.

Safe Shooting

2 comments:

  1. Heck, Lynne, they've learned everything they needed to from the movies! The side-ways gangsta hold, the magazines that never run dry. You know, important things.

    And what they didn't learn from the movies, they certainly learned from Call of Duty :)

    Me? I think I'll just keep going to the range and practicing every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete