About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I need your help...

Many of you know I’ve been working on a book for women shooters, starting at the beginning, finding and instructor, buying a gun and going through concealed carry and unarmed defense (or as I like to think of it, buying time to get to where I can use my gun). 
I’m so close to being finished, but I need to add just a bit more to get to my word count.  If you were reading a book like the one described above, what would you want to read in it?  Any topic or something special you would like to see addressed?  You might identify something I haven’t thought of, and if it is something you are interested in, there are probably lots of other women who would have a similar question or thought.
Thanks for your help!  I will keep you posted on the progress.  It is currently set for a spring release.
Safe Shooting!

6 comments:

  1. A few ideas:
    * Concealed carry with young children in tow
    *At the other end of the spectrum, CC and the older woman-seniors that are healthy enough to carry. Any special things they need to consider such as ways to adapt a gun to make it easier to use with arthritic hands etc.
    * holster options that fit the female form
    *how not to be intimidated in a gun store
    *how to safely carry while pregnant; good holster options for changing shape. Do you need to stand or hold a gun differently because balance is different
    *pictures of types of clothing that work to conceal that would appeal to young, middle age and older shooters
    * how to tell someone you are dating that you are carrying

    That is all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, great ideas! I hadn't thought of some of these. Mmmm, now I have some research to do. THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read the book. While I am a avid reader, I buy very few. The librarians know me on a first name basis. I have found that most books are meant to be read one time. Yours, I will buy because I really enjoy your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very kind. I've enjoyed references to you in AGirls blog, it is nice to see you here!

      Delete
    2. Would you mind emailing me at Lynne@InnovativeDefensiveSolutions.com? I would like to send you the chapter that relates to adaptations and get your opinion.

      Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. no idea's but if you need a proofreader feel free to hit me up, i'm much better at that than at the actual writing lol.

    Also good luck and i hope it does well 8D

    ReplyDelete