About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Getting to Review Products

It is kind of flattering being asked to review a product, or being offered something to try.  I also take it as a sign of recognition for the blog and FB page.  So far I’ve been quite fortunate, I’ve loved everything I’ve been offered.  I know one of these days I will get offered something and will have to write that I didn’t like it and why.  You trust me to give my honest opinion and I couldn’t do anything else.
I will tell you I was so happy with the MagTech hollow points that I ordered enough to replace all my carry ammo, which we should do every so often anyway. 
I also can’t wait to try the Remora holster IWB.  I have carried for a long time in a hybrid IWB strong side hip.  I’m comfortable with it, I’m used to it, I know right where it is.  But there are times when I’ve wished for something a little more discreet, and have wanted to try appendix carry but hadn’t found anything I liked.  That is my plan with the Remora, I will be trying it appendix and let you know what I think.  My only concern is I’m used to clips…I don’t want to drop the holster and gun in the Ladies Room, LOL.  I’m sure it happens, but I need to remember that it isn’t clipped on.
I normally advocate picking a carry method and sticking to it.  In class I explain that I know how my brain works, I’m a creature of habit and as soon as I change where I carry, I will need my gun and be slapping body trying to find it.  However, there are times when my attire dictates changes.  Practicing with a Blue Gun is something I do a lot at home, I can draw from wherever, roll on the floor, punch my heavy bag and draw…  I will let you know how it all works out!  Don’t hesitate to ask questions if I write something that leaves you scratching your head or you disagree!

Safe Shooting!

1 comment:

  1. It is flattering and youndona great job!!!

    I really enjoying reading your perspective.

    ReplyDelete