About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Magtech Guardian Gold 9mm HP review

The folks at www.LuckyGunner.com sent me some Magtech Guardian Gold 9mm 124 Gr Jacketed Hollow Points to try.  I had the chance to shoot them at the range this morning.

At 15 feet, rapid fire 10 rounds, my group was less than 1.5 inches.  I would like to take credit for that, but I have to give the rounds their due.  They were so smooth going through my Glock 19.  I reloaded, sent the target out to 25 feet and my results were as impressive.  I was feeling a little cocky until I switched over to my normal FMJ practice rounds, 9mm, 115 gr.  Ok, at 25 feet, on the silhouette, rapid fire, still pretty good, but there was a noticeable difference in the recoil and my grouping was not as good.

This is the second time I've tried Magtech, what I've been reading about the expansion of the HP is good.  I'm convinced.  Time to swap out my carry ammo for Magtech.  If you haven't tried it, and you get a chance, see if you like it as much as I do.  Very smooth were my first thoughts. 

Thank you Lucky Gunner, watch for my order coming soon!

Safe Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment