About Me

I am also the author of 4 books, available on Amazon, and at many major outlets. I have been contributing writer for Combat Handgun Magazine and Women and Guns Magazine.

I was an instructor for many years, Recently retired.

Thank you for following along with me as this journey continues.

Safe Shooting!



my books

my books
Thoughts, comments and insights for women who shoot and the men who love us!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More on the Remora Holsters- custom fitting to your firearm

Since so many of you expressed interest in the thigh holster, which I LOVED, and have sent me feedback on how much you love your Remora holsters, I'm passing along this advice I got from the company on how they work and how to custom fit to your firearm.

I also like that I can use it as a pocket holster (great in winter in the big coat pockets!  Can't wait to try out the IWB, I shared one with some of the folks I teach with, and everyone liked it.  The first reaction was great concealment, the second was Hey, I can use this for appendix carry!  My thoughts, too!!

(In the interest of full disclosure, they did send me a couple to try, along with a generous donation of gift certificates for NTYDTTRD.  However, my opinions are my own, and I would never write it if I didn't believe it)


Q.  How does the holster stay in place?
A. The REMORA holsters are a compression type holster which requires a minimum amount of compression to keep the holster in place.
When the REMORA holster is not in the waistband or has no compression to hold the firearm in the holster Yes, the firearm will fall out of the holster if held up-side down. The REMORA holsters remain in place with a minimal amount of compression due to REMORA’S Non-Slip rubber skin.
For the first time using the Remora unload your weapon and insert hand gun in holster .. If the hand gun is a little tight in the holster you can twist and turn the hand gun in the holster or remove the gun and pull and stretch on the mouth of the holster.. For a form fit take a hair dryer and heat up the holster. Make sure your gun is un-loaded wrap your gun in a thin piece of cloth like linen sheet. insert in holster and turn and twist the gun.This will stretch out the holster. Leave the gun in the holster till after it cools and the holster will form to the hand gun.
To install the holster in the waistband for the first time with your un-loaded hand gun. Un-do your belt, waistband snap or button. Find the location you would like to carry IWB. Place the holster and hand gun between your body and waistband. The holster does not need to be against the body as long as the under garment it is against is anchored and cannot be pulled up easy when un-holstering. Snap or button waist band, if using a belt you may have to increase your belt length a notch or two depending on the size of the hand gun. Grab the outside (waistband side) lip of the mouth the holster and give a good pull you will see that the holster will not pull out easily. If the hand gun and holster do pull out increase compression by shortening the belt length till holster cannot be pulled out easily. You can also contract your stomach muscles (suck in your gut) and slip the holster in the waist band in your desired location.
Re-holstering after un-holstering the the Original No-Clip holster. take hold of the outside lip of the holster and insert hand gun in the holster. As always making sure finger is not on the the trigger or inside the trigger guard.
The non-slip rubber contains no latex for those who have allergic reactions.
For more information on the Remora Concealment and Security Products you can visit our website at Remora holsters.com,

No comments:

Post a Comment